Thank you for visiting Canaan Valley Resort’s Employment Opportunities page. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of our dynamic team.[divider]
Canaan Valley Resort, a West Virginia State Park – has a variety of exciting employment opportunities available to friendly, guest-service oriented individuals. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated individuals to help provide exceptional service to our guests. In addition, you will receive use of all recreational activities, discount on meals and gift shop purchases, uniform shirts, and much more.[divider]
If you are a team player and want to share in our dedication to exceeding our guests’ expectations, we encourage you to consider a part-time or full-time seasonal position with Canaan Valley Resort. You may want to stick around for the year. Check out our current openings below. [divider]
Experienced Line Cooks
Seasonal part-time and full time. Day and evening shifts. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Human Resources / Payroll Technician / Executive Assistant
*Resumes will be accepted through Monday – February 8, 2016
The Human Resources administrator is responsible for the full scope of HR activities, including hiring, collection and processing of new hire documents, employee relations, compensation & benefits administration. Must be familiar with Employment Laws, enforce and prepare company policies and procedures. Communicate on a regular basis with Department Managers.
The Payroll Technician performs complex work involved in the maintenance and accurate processing of the Unit’s payroll.
Maintains employee payroll information in an integrated information data system; audits and processes incoming payroll data; Processes applicable payroll forms.
The Executive Assistant performs administrative duties to assist the General Manager as needed.
• Competence in applying general accounting principles and coordination of major administrative functions is required
• Effective communication skills
• Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people
• Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook) required
• Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints
How To Apply
Download an application (PDF) here, then…choose a delivery option below.
Mail your application to:
Human Resources Office
Canaan Valley Resort State Park
230 Main Lodge Rd.
Davis, WV 26260[divider]
Apply in Person:
Human Resources Office
Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm[divider]
Phone for additional information:
(304) 866-4121 ext. 2601
Please keep the following information in mind as you discover the many job opportunities available at Canaan Valley Resort:
- All candidates must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A work week is scheduled according to business levels.
- All positions pay at least the prevailing Federal Minimum Wage (except gratuity-oriented positions).
- Wages will vary per position and are based on market structure.
EEO M/F V/D