Greetings from Canaan Valley Resort State Park! We are looking forward to your visit!
Starting in May 2011, and continuing through October 2013, portions of the resort will be under construction as we implement various renovations. The construction/renovations will be administered in phases and will include the construction of two brand new guest wings along with extensive renovations of the main lodge (where the front desk, meeting rooms, dining room, gift shop, and indoor pool are located). As we work hard to make our resort even more inviting and beautiful, we want to assure you that your comfort and enjoyment will continue to be our highest priority.
What does this mean to you as you plan your travels to our resort?
- Generic renovation information valid for all phases, present and future: Hours of work: 7am – 5pm;
Days of week: Monday – Friday.
- Sound Impact: Light to moderate noise throughout the construction period (till October 2013).
- Visual Impact: Work is confined to the Main Lodge and the new lodging wings located on each side of the main lodge. Areas will be cordoned off as necessary. As we move further along with construction, please expect to see some dirt moving and heavy equipment around the Main Lodge.
- Flow of workers: Workers will access construction sites/renovation areas from the main parking lot area in front of the Main Lodge. Duration: May 2011-October 2013.
- Walkways to the Main Lodge: Involves crossing parking lots which are not covered, so please plan according to the weather (umbrellas, etc.).
- The resort still offers spectacular views of the valley and mountains at different locations on property. Resort activities, such as our outdoor pool, golf course, hiking/biking trails, and nature center, will remain open as the season permits and will not be impacted by renovations. Please visit our activity pages online and events calendar for the latest activity hours of operation and upcoming event details.
The progress of the construction/renovation will be updated regularly on our website and we invite you to follow our progress on Facebook. We are extremely enthusiastic about the future and look forward to welcoming you as you share this exciting time with us. Should you have any questions please contact us at 304-866-4121.
Canaan Valley Resort State Park
Guest Services Inc.
West Virginia Department of Natural Resources